SHORTBREAD-1(B) USENET Cookbook SHORTBREAD-1(B)
ALMOND SHORTBREAD BISCUITS
SHORTBREAD-1 - Shortbread-like biscuits
This recipe was given to my Great Aunt when she lived in
Scotland, by a friend who worked in a bakery in Leven Fife.
It is based on the standard short bread recipe.
INGREDIENTS (20 biscuits)
4 oz butter
2 oz margarine
8 oz soft brown sugar
3 1/4 cups
3/4 cup flaked almonds
1 small egg
(1) Rub butter and margarine into the flour.
(2) Add sugar, beaten egg and almonds.
(3) Knead the mixture thoroughly.
(4) Form mixture into an oblong shape about two inches
square at the end.
(5) Wrap in silver foil and leave in the refrigerator
(6) Cut into about 1/8-inch-thick slices using a ser-
(7) Place on greased baking sheet and cook for 10-15
minutes at 350 deg. F.
Difficulty: easy to moderate. Time: 10 minutes preparation,
overnight wait, 15 minutes baking. Precision: measure the
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, Chilton, Didcot, Oxfordshire, UK
From: email@example.com (Guy Middleton)
Subject: RECIPE: Soft shortbread
Date: 4 Sep 87 03:09:00 GMT
Organization: University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Copyright (C) 1987 USENET Community Trust
Permission to copy without fee all or part of this material is granted
provided that the copies are not made or distributed for direct commercial
advantage, the USENET copyright notice and the title of the newsgroup and
its date appear, and notice is given that copying is by permission of
the USENET Community Trust or the original contributor.