POUND-CAKE-2(C) USENET Cookbook POUND-CAKE-2(C)
CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE
POUND-CAKE-2 - A pound cake made with cream cheese
I got this recipe from Annette Hall at Computer System
Resources, in Georgia. (annette@gacsr.UUCP). She posted it
to net.cooks, claiming that it's the best pound cake you'll
ever taste. She's right!
INGREDIENTS (One large cake)
3/4 lb butter
3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 lb cream cheese
6 eggs (large)
3 cups cake flour sifted
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
(1) Pre-heat oven to 325 deg. F.
(2) Cream the butter, sugar, and cheese together until
the mixture is light and fluffy.
(3) Add salt, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat well.
(4) Add eggs, one at a time, blending well after each.
(5) Stir in flour. Don't be vigorous; mix it just
enough to incorporate the flour.
(6) Spoon into a greased tube pan. Bake in preheated
oven for 1 1/2 hours.
(7) Cool for 15-20 minutes, then invert the cake onto
a serving dish and remove the tube pan. If you
wait too long, it will stick.
Difficulty: easy Time: about 2 hours and 15 minutes Preci-
sion: measure carefully.
Relational Technology, Inc., Alameda, California, USA
From: email@example.com (Vicki O'Day)
Subject: RECIPE: Pozole
Date: 10 Oct 86 07:41:13 GMT
Organization: H-P Labs, Palo Alto, California, U.S.A.
Copyright (C) 1986 USENET Community Trust
Permission to copy without fee all or part of this material is granted
provided that the copies are not made or distributed for direct commercial
advantage, the USENET copyright notice and the title of the newsgroup and
its date appear, and notice is given that copying is by permission of
the USENET Community Trust or the original contributor.