COFFEE-CAKE-1(D) USENET Cookbook COFFEE-CAKE-1(D)
SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKE
COFFEE-CAKE-1 - Coffee cake with cinnamon and sour cream
I got this recipe from my mom. She got it, I think, from my
godmother. All of us kids in the family make it now. It is
an unusual coffee cake, good to have with morning coffee or
as an evening dessert. Enjoy it.
INGREDIENTS (Fills 10-inch tube pan)
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 large eggs
2 cups flour, sifted
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sour cream
6 Tbsp butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
(1) Prepare a tube pan. I use one with a removable
center. Grease the pan and cut a circle of waxed
paper to cover the bottom.
(2) Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
(3) Cream shortening, sugar, and vanilla, thoroughly.
(4) Add eggs-singly-beating well after each addition.
(5) Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda
(6) Add flour mixture and sour cream to creamed mix-
ture. Alternate a little of each, blending after
(7) In separate bowl, cream butter, brown sugar, and
cinnamon together. Add nuts and mix well.
(8) Spread 1/2 of the batter in the tube pan.
(9) Sprinkle 1/2 of the nut mixture evenly over batter
(10) Cover with remaining batter.
(11) Sprinkle with remaining nut mixture.
(12) Bake in preheated oven for about 50 minutes.
When the cake cools, run a knife around the side of the pan
and remove the inner section. Carefully remove the cake
from the base of the pan and remove the waxed paper.
Difficulty: moderate. Time: 45 minutes preparation, 50
minutes baking, 10 minutes cooling. Precision: measure
Adobe Systems Incorporated, Palo Alto, California
From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeffrey Mogul)
Subject: RECIPE: Hobee's coffee cake
Date: 17 Apr 87 05:38:00 GMT
Organization: DEC Western Research, Palo Alto, California, USA
Copyright (C) 1987 USENET Community Trust
Permission to copy without fee all or part of this material is granted
provided that the copies are not made or distributed for direct commercial
advantage, the USENET copyright notice and the title of the newsgroup and
its date appear, and notice is given that copying is by permission of
the USENET Community Trust or the original contributor.