BERLINERKRANZ(C) USENET Cookbook BERLINERKRANZ(C)
BERLINERKRANZ - Norwegian wreath cookies
These are decorative holiday cookies adding quite a bright,
colorful aromatic touch to your plate of cookies.
INGREDIENTS (6 dozen)
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup solid shortening (e.g. Crisco)
1 cup sugar
2 tsp grated orange peel
4 cups all-purpose flour
red cinnamon candies (optional)
green food coloring (optional)
(1) Heat oven to 400 deg. F.
(2) Mix thoroughly butter, shortening, sugar, orange
peel, and eggs.
(3) Blend in flour. Color with green food coloring, if
(4) Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into ropes,
each 6 inches long and 1/4 inch in diameter.
(5) Form each rope into a circle, bringing one end
over the other and through into a single knot.
Let 1/2 inch extend at each end.
(6) Place on ungreased baking sheet.
(7) Press in red cinnamon candies, if desired.
(8) Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set but not brown.
(9) Immediately remove from baking sheet.
Difficulty: moderate (requires some dexterity). Time: 1
hour. Precision: Measure the ingredients.
Cindy W. Poehlmann
AT&T Network Systems, Columbus, Ohio, USA
From: gkloker@utai (Geoff Loker)
Subject: RECIPE: Berry Cobbler
Date: 23 May 86 03:36:40 GMT
Organization: CSRI AI, University of Toronto
Copyright (C) 1986 USENET Community Trust
Permission to copy without fee all or part of this material is granted
provided that the copies are not made or distributed for direct commercial
advantage, the USENET copyright notice and the title of the newsgroup and
its date appear, and notice is given that copying is by permission of
the USENET Community Trust or the original contributor.