NO-BAKE LIME PIE
Prep: 10 min Cook: 10 min
Chill: at least 6 hr Total Cost: $3.28
Grate the lime peel before squeezing the juice.
Make the filling in a heavy saucepan that's not uncoated aluminum. Whisking an acid
mixture in an aluminum pan can result in a metallic flavor.
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 1/4 cups milk
Yolks from 3 large eggs
2/3 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 large limes)
1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) butter or margarine (not
spread), cut in small pieces
2 teaspoons finely grated fresh lime peel
1 cup sour cream
One 6-ounce ready-to-fill graham-cracker piecrust (save
the plastic lid)
Garnish: sweetened whipped cream and lime slices
1. Mix sugar and cornstarch in a medium-size saucepan. Whisk in milk until smooth,
then yolks until blended. Stir in lime juice.
2. Add butter and whisk constantly over medium heat 7 to 9 minutes, just until boiling.
Remove from heat and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in lime peel until blended. Cover
surface with plastic wrap to keep a skin from forming and refrigerate until cool, about 1
3. Gently whisk in sour cream until well blended. Pour into pie shell. Cover with
reserved plastic lid and refrigerate at least 6 hours until set, or up to 2 days.
4. Shortly before serving, garnish with whipped cream and lime slices.
* Serves 8. Per serving: 386 cal, 4 g pro, 48 g car, 20 g fat, 113 mg chol with butter, 97 mg
chol with margarine, 231 mg sod. Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch/bread, 1 2/3 fruit, 4 fat