SNOBOL-COOKIES(C) USENET Cookbook SNOBOL-COOKIES(C)
SNOBOL-COOKIES - Nut-butter holiday cookie with a sugar
Great for the holidays when sampling lots of cookies. Just
pop one in your mouth and enjoy!
INGREDIENTS (4 dozen)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup softened butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
(1) Preheat oven to 350 deg. F.
(2) Grease cookie sheets lightly with unsalted shor-
(3) Sift together flour and salt.
(4) Work butter in a bowl until creamy.
(5) Add sugar and beat until well blended.
(6) Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
(7) Gradually add sifted dry ingredients, beating well
after each addition. Stir in walnuts.
(8) Shape dough into small balls about 3/4 inch in
(9) Place balls about 2 inches apart on prepared
cookie sheets. Bake 12-15 minutes or until
(10) Roll balls in confectioners sugar while still
warm. Roll again in sugar when cooled.
Store these in a tight container. Powered sugar makes this
recipe a little messy.
Difficulty: moderate (dexterity required). Time: 30
minutes. Precision: approximate measurement OK.
AT&T Bell Laboratories, Columbus, OH, USA.
From: yduJ@edsel.uucp (Judy Anderson)
Subject: RECIPE: Dirty snowballs (chocolate cookies)
Date: 25 Mar 88 16:50:30 GMT
Organization: Lucid, Inc. Menlo Park, Calif., USA
Copyright (C) 1988 USENET Community Trust
Permission to copy without fee all or part of this material is granted
provided that the copies are not made or distributed for direct commercial
advantage, the USENET copyright notice and the title of the newsgroup and
its date appear, and notice is given that copying is by permission of
the USENET Community Trust or the original contributor.