BAKED APPLES WITH GRANOLA
Prep: 15 min Bake: 35 min
Cost per Apple: 73 cents
Best served warm.
1 cup low-fat granola
3 tablespoons frozen orange-juice concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 large baking apples, such as Rome Beauty (about 2 1/4 pounds)
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Have ready a shallow baking dish large enough to hold apples.
2. Mix 3/4 cup of the granola, 1 tablespoon of the juice concentrate, 1/4 cup of the water,
and the cinnamon in a medium-size bowl. Let stand while preparing apples.
3. Core apples, being careful not to cut through bottoms. Peel a 1-inch strip around top of
apples. Pour remaining 1/4 cup water into baking dish.
4. Spoon granola mixture into apples. Arrange in baking dish and brush with 1
tablespoon juice concentrate.
5. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top apples with remaining granola. Brush
apples with remaining concentrate. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer, until tender.
* Serves 4. Per serving: 222 cal, 2 g pro, 54 g car, 2 g fat, 0 mg chol, 31 mg sod. Exchanges:
3/4 starch/bread, 2 3/4 fruit, 1/4 fat