SEAFOOD NOODLE SOUP
Prep: 25 min Cook: 12 min
Cost per Serving: $2.30
8 cups chicken broth
2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
3 tablespoons soy sauce
8 ounces saimin noodles or thin spaghetti, cooked and
4 large shiitake mushrooms (2 1/2 ounces), stems removed,
caps thinly sliced
4 or 5 Chinese napa-cabbage or bok-choy leaves, thinly
sliced (3 cups)
12 snow peas, cut in half if large
3 scallions, thinly sliced
12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
12 sea scallops (about 8 ounces)
Garnish: chopped cilantro
1. Bring broth and ginger to a boil in a large pot.
Reduce heat until broth simmers. Add
2. Divide noodles among 6 soup bowls.
3. Add remaining ingredients except garnish to broth.
Return to a simmer and simmer 2
minutes or until shrimp and scallops are almost opaque
4. Remove vegetables and seafood to the bowls with a
slotted spoon, dividing
5. Return broth to a boil. Ladle into the bowls and
sprinkle with cilantro.
* Serves 6. Per serving: 287 cal, 23 g pro, 41 g car,
3 g fat, 59 mg chol, 1,945 mg sod.
Exchanges: 2 starch/bread, 1 1/2 vegetables, 2 lean