* YOU'LL NEED: Sweatshirt; paper-backed fusible web; scraps tan and red
fabric; cream and tan embroidery floss (DMC 712 and 436); six 1/4" pearl
shirt buttons; red and tan thread; red pencil.
1. Prewash fabric and sweatshirt.
2. Cut rib off neck and waist, leaving finished edge on shirt.
3. Turn under neck edge 1/2"; pin. With matching thread, stitch 3/8" from
fold, stretching neck slightly around curves.
4. Turn up hem 1". Stitch 2 rows 1/4" apart along raw edge.
5. Using 3 strands of tan floss, stitch 1/2" cross-stitches 1/2" apart
along hem and neckline, carrying thread from stitch to stitch.
6. Trace gingerbread-man pattern. Fuse web to wrong side of tan fabric,
leaving paper on. Trace pattern 3 times on web paper and cut out.
Fuse one to front of shirt 3" below neck edge. Fuse other two on either
side, slightly higher. With tan thread, buttonhole-stitch or machine satin
stitch around edges.
7. Fuse hearts to gingerbread men.
8. With 2 strands floss, work tan straight stitches around heart. With cream
color, sew on button eyes, straight-stitch tiny nose and V-shaped mouth,
cross-stitch along wrists and ankles.
9. Color cheeks with red pencil.
Gingerbread-man Sweatshirt Pattern